Please support Friends of the Bees to keep this forum free to use.

Natural Beekeeping International Forum
low-cost, low-impact, balanced beekeeping for everyone

Forum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileYour Profile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please Read The Rules before posting.

(country selected automatically - UK/USA/CA/AU)
Swarms, splits available (maybe) Cambridge area

Post new topic   Reply to topic    beekeeping forum -> Swarms and sites - offered and wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CeeBee
Foraging Bee

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: Swarms, splits available (maybe) Cambridge area Reply with quote

Just to say that I've got more splits on the go than I could possibly want (if they get going). And I just collected a swarm as well - about 100 yards from my house - don't think it was from one of my hives - think I probably saw the same swarm in a different garden earlier in the afternoon, but it flew off. I expect there will be more swarms.

So if anyone wants bees, and is willing to collect from just outside Cambridge to the NE, then PM me and I'll put you on a list. Bees would either be on top-bars, or maybe just in a cardboard box if recently collected. Not expecting money for bees, but maybe if any of my equipment goes with them (and isn't returned).
hannah donovan
Guard Bee

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:44 am    Post subject: would love to re-home Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi
If you still have some bees to split, i will gladely re-home them, my hubby has read christies book and now we are in the process of reading phils book, we have done 3 conventional beekeeping courses, but hubby and I have decided that we want to keep bees naturally and keep them healthy and happy... want to make a log and sawdust bottom as phil suggests, and maybe grow some mushrooms in there too...

anyway PLEASE let me know if you have any splits as we would LOVE your bees and give them a very good home.

thankyou.

PLEASE MAIL ME or HUBBY ON hugginghannah68@gmail.com or hubby on peter.robert.donovan@gmail.com

HANNAH
hannah donovan
Guard Bee

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: will collect ASAP Reply with quote

can collect anyday, but if its mon or tues next week then we have to collect them in the evening ..after hubby finishes his days work Very Happy
catchercradle
Golden Bee

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in Trumpington, only one swarm to date but more expected. Also have another national and a TBH for organic farm complete with bees being picked up tomorrow so, am relying on swarms here to fill up the two empty hives on site and then will start asking around if any more appear after that!
hannah donovan
Guard Bee

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: still keen on collecting split Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy hi
I am still very interested in your splits if yu have any to give... i would come and get straight away.. thankyou so much, i am super grateful to you for this fantastic opertunity..
suffo1k
New Bee

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi CeeBee,
have sent you a PM
suffo1k
New Bee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi CeeBee,
Just wanted to thank you for the ‘flower pot nuc’ we collected yesterday.
Transferred them into our hive later that evening, all seemed to go well. Took a bit of time closing-up the bars and persuading the bees to get their heads down! But very fortunate that no trimming of comb required Smile

Just now need to do some reading, refresh us on what we need to do next?!

Thank you again,
W & J.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    beekeeping forum -> Swarms and sites - offered and wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: