Please support Friends of the Bees to keep this forum free to use.

Natural Beekeeping International Forum
low-cost, low-impact, balanced beekeeping for everyone

Forum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileYour Profile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please Read The Rules before posting.

(country selected automatically - UK/USA/CA/AU)
Any top bar beekeepers in the Nottingham area?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    beekeeping forum -> Local Groups and Mentors, UK and Ireland
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robin
New Bee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:37 pm    Post subject: Any top bar beekeepers in the Nottingham area? Reply with quote

Hi All

I've recently built a top bar hive at my home in Nottingham and I'm hoping to get a swarm asap, albeit a bit late in the year now.

Are there any other top bar beekeepers in Nottingham/Nottingham area? I'd really like the opportunity to share ideas, etc.

Please get in contact if you're out there!

Thanks, Robin.
Barbara
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robin and welcome

I'm afraid I'm not in your area and I know it's much better to have local, practical support but just wanted to say that if you don't get any responses at the moment, there are plenty of us here at the end of a keyboard to offer whatever help/advice/ideas we can until someone local does turn up.

Good luck getting a swarm, although as you are aware, it's unlikely this season now... but not impossible! Fingers crossed for you. Plenty of time to make some contacts, do some research and possibly get a little practical experience if you can find someone local who will show you the ropes though.

Best wishes

Barbara
hannah donovan
Guard Bee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:24 am    Post subject: swarm section Reply with quote

hi Robin
there is a swarm wanted and offered section on the forum.. take a look you might get lucky.. good luck with finding someone local to you.. i had to start a group to find people..it is hard i know, but you will find it very reqarding in the end.. also facebook has many topbar hive groups that give you instant answers to questipons... i would also recomend going to the natural bee keeping conference coming up very soon (21-23rd aug)... take a look in the events page... i met a lot of lovely people at another conference, and felt very at home..i also met the man himself .. phil, although i felt a bit small by him as he is so knowledgable.. but he is a very nice man who will help you with any uestions even if they are pretty silly...
good luck hun... hope i helped and have many man y yers of happy bee caring.. it really is wonderful to wstch your baby girls in action..

hannah (bee a bad girl)
Robin
New Bee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I attended one of Phil Chandler's courses in Embercombe a while ago, very useful.

Fingers crossed!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    beekeeping forum -> Local Groups and Mentors, UK and Ireland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: