Please support Friends of the Bees to keep this forum free to use.

Natural Beekeeping International Forum
low-cost, low-impact, balanced beekeeping for everyone

Forum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileYour Profile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please Read The Rules before posting.

(country selected automatically - UK/USA/CA/AU)
NutriBee Propolis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    beekeeping forum -> Environmental issues, GM, pesticides and campaigning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vallee
Foraging Bee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject: NutriBee Propolis Reply with quote

Has NutriBee Propolis been mentioned or has anybody any comments.
French product from Veto-pharma. Propolis with natural extracts of thyme, rosemary, juniper and meadowsweet. Available as ready to use candy or powder to be diluted.
Vallee
Foraging Bee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Nutri-bee stocked by Thornes UK
Barbara
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My view is that my bees are capable of making whatever propolis they need, most likely better than any pharmaceutical company. I trust them more than I trust someone in a lab with an agenda to make money....

Didn't mean that to sound quite as cynical as it does, but not sure why people would feel the need to use such a product.
Vallee
Foraging Bee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

They are a French company that is why. I would never touch stuff from the UK. I have one pack as a reserve as a winter feed it is like the ambrosia product but with more variety. It is a winter feed not a propolis substitute.
I have made winter feed in the past but seldom need it as we don't take any honey.
I don't think I will post any more.
Barbara
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't think I will post any more.

Hi

From the above quote, it seems that you have perhaps taken offence at my reply, which seems a shame.
Since you are in France I wonder if maybe there is a language misinterpretation. You invited comment on the subject and it seems I didn't fully understand the nature of the product from your first post. I now gather it is in fact a supplemental feed with propolis added rather than propolis itself. My mistake.
That said, if my bees need feeding I just give them a bit of syrup which I make myself, but mostly I don't need to. I cannot justify spending money on buying feed and postage when I can easily make syrup at home for a fraction of the cost and my bees survive very well on that, if they don't have enough honey.

Phil's book The Barefoot Beekeeper, which I believe spawned this website and forum, was based on low cost, sustainable beekeeping with an emphasis on bee centric management. Those are the things that attracted me to it, so buying fancy products and supplements is just not of interest to me.

I wonder if perhaps you were wanting to know if anyone had tried the product and if so, what their views were, rather than general comments about such a product like mine. Hopefully others will be able to review it, as clearly I cannot.

Best wishes

Barbara
Post new topic   Reply to topic    beekeeping forum -> Environmental issues, GM, pesticides and campaigning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: