Please support Friends of the Bees to keep this forum free to use.

Natural Beekeeping International Forum
low-cost, low-impact, balanced beekeeping for everyone

Forum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileYour Profile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please Read The Rules before posting.

(country selected automatically - UK/USA/CA/AU)
Herts Naturals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    beekeeping forum -> Local Groups and Mentors, UK and Ireland
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vinny_1973
Foraging Bee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Herts Naturals Reply with quote

Hi All

I've not spotted many people on the forums from herts in general, but if there are a few around then it would be good to start a like-minded group ! Having read a few of the other posts in here I can certainly relate to the blank expressions we all get when discussing the subject of natural beekeeping with the BBKA crowd!

I currently attend sessions with the local BKA, with some discomfort, but I feel it's important to gain an understanding of all aspects of the craft so that structured arguments can be made! many of you are probably aware than my recently populated home hive will be a strictly non-inspected hive, but I do want to learn TBH techniques also soI at least have a chance of maybe moving the, few, curious beeks onto the method!

There was one new person on Saturday that was very interested in beekeeping but also had a bad back, so I felt she may be a good person to point in the direction of Natural keeping thanks to the lack of heavy lifting required! I plan to attend this saturday and allow her to borrow "The Book" ... I assume lending it to ppl is ok Phil?? Smile
The idea then is that we install a TBH at the local BKA's training apiary and then maybe get a few more people at least curious about it! I've asked the chairman if this is OK ... no response yet tho! Sad

Anyway ... any Herts enthusiasts please get in touch!

Cheers

mark
TimHackney
House Bee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark, I'm not in Herts, I'm in Hackney but a lot of my activity centres on the Lea Valley which continues up into Herts from Waltham Cross via Cheshunt & Broxbourne to Ware. Our little London network (see my sig) is on your southern border.

Tim
Honeyforheroes
New Bee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark,

I think we met last year at the NHBKA meetings and at the apiary. I only started beekeeping last year so was open to all options and now a year in and a lot of reading, absconding bees, I am contemplating a more natural way of bee keeping.

I've built a sudo top bar hive that is compatible with my existing 14x12national hives with a mind to swapping it to full top bar later this season.

If you fancy having a chat sometime, drop me a PM.

Regards
Gary.
vinny_1973
Foraging Bee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: *Bump* Reply with quote

Back again and soon to have a new apiary site!
vinny_1973
Foraging Bee

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a *bump* to let ppl know I'm still around!
Moved my 1st TBH into my new apiary on Sat, although it's lacking a population of bee's at the mo! Still, the site is great and looking forward to getting it going! Smile
catchercradle
Golden Bee

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And tbh beekeeping is alive and well in Cambridge. 4 more hives built @ a workshop on Saturday.
vinny_1973
Foraging Bee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another BUMP!

Just letting anyone in herts know that theyre not alone! Smile
Ariel
New Bee

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: Natural bees in herts Reply with quote

Hi Mark,
Im in Elstree herts, are you still around?
Ariel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    beekeeping forum -> Local Groups and Mentors, UK and Ireland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: