Please support Friends of the Bees to keep this forum free to use.

Natural Beekeeping International Forum
low-cost, low-impact, balanced beekeeping for everyone

Forum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileYour Profile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please Read The Rules before posting.

(country selected automatically - UK/USA/CA/AU)
Question about work in commercial apiary in the UK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    beekeeping forum -> Local Groups and Mentors, UK and Ireland
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pjotern
New Bee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: Question about work in commercial apiary in the UK Reply with quote

I and my brother are beekeepers from Poland and we are looking for a job as apiary technician in the Europe, especially in Italy and UK in commercial apiary or similar beekeeping industry from July to the beginning of September. We are adult beekeepers and authors of many articles in polish beekeeping magazines with own apiaries and long experience.

I am a student of Warsaw University of Life Sciences in the Warsaw on Faculty of Food Sciences Department (III year) and my brother Kacper is student in Pszczela Wola School (III year) - very famous beekeeping school in the all Europe.

We are Polish and speak in English very well.
Could you recommend please any beekeeper in your region, who is searching workers to his apiary or farm (garden)?

I would like to ask about free places for us to work in your apiary or other beekeeping industry.
We are able to work in laboratory and with food.

It's important to us to get quickly some work for a summer.

I want to add, that Bee Farmers Association didn't reply us so we are searching other proffesional beekeepers.

I am looking forward to hearing from you

Please contact me on +48 728 486 745 or on nowotnik.piotr@wp.pl

Peter Nowotnik
Barbara
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter and welcome to the forum.

Most of our members here are small scale hobby beekeepers, so it is unlikely that we will be able to help you, but I wish you luck in finding something.

Best wishes

Barbara

PS. I didn't want your post to go unanswered, especially when you received no response from the Bee Farmers Association.
SamH
Guard Bee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

It's disappointing that the BFA have not responded to you. Have you tried the National Farmers Union or BeeBase (DEFRA). They may be able to advise on a better route for contacting the sorts of people who could help you.

Good luck Smile
Pjotern
New Bee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your nice words and answers. It's very motivating for us. I will contact with National Farmers Union because BeeBase didn't write to me too.

Thanks and regards!
Peter
Pjotern
New Bee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again. Unfortunately, we didn't find suitable positions for me and Kacper.
Now, we want to find an employer and start a cooperation before the season.
If someone is looking for an apiary technicians - beekeepers for next year (end of May to end of September - we are students and we can work in this period) we are ready to arrive and work.

If you would like to see our CVs - no problem! Please send me e-mail on nowotnik.piotr@wp.pl

Certainly, we might work in the UK or in the Europe, eventually in the Canada.

Could you recommend any commercial beekepers whose are looking for workers?

Happy New Year 2017!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    beekeeping forum -> Local Groups and Mentors, UK and Ireland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: